Today I’m delighted to be hosting the virtual book tour for Lola James’s Bound to Remember, a paranormal romance and mystery. It’s a modern, fast paced book with interesting characters and plenty of twists and turns along the way.
Toni is a young doctor, with a deadly reason for forgetting her past. Ben, Nurse Hero, who has a tragic past, is forced from the secluded life he yearns into the public eye. When the two meet, Ben sees a strong resemblance in Toni to an old friend, while Toni can’t resist Ben.
Kevin, Toni’s jealous ex, gets mixed up in events, and so do various friends and witches. Yes, I said witches! A quick magic spell looks like it might be the solution to a dangerous situation, but there’s a lot more action to come, especially when Hades makes an appearance …
The ending is totally unexpected – and brilliant.
I asked Lola some questions about her book and writing … and shoes!
1. What inspired you to write Bound to Remember?
I wanted a story that included the elements of vampire’s, witches, and the Greek Myths. I love all three and I thought a book like this should have a story.
2. Which character from the book are you most like – Toni, Dawn, Ben, Annie?
I would have to say Dawn. I am not from the south like she is, nor do I have blue eyes or blonde hair, but Dawn is a true friend and a matchmaker which I believe I am as well. =)
3. How has your love of Greek mythology influenced your writing?
I fell for the Greek gods in high school, I mean who wouldn’t, but I am just fascinated by how they can control everything from emotions to elements. I don’t read many paranormal romances with Greek gods in them so I took my chances and wrote the untold story!
4. Bound to Remember has a great cover. Did you design it yourself?
I wish I were that talented. I just picked it from an eBook cover site at random. I only asked that the color of the cover girls eyes be changed to compliment my character Toni.
5. Deep down, would you like to be a vampire? Or a witch?
Haha! I love witches BUT I would love to be a vampire, they are just so cool to me!
6. How many books will there be in the series? Please say ‘lots’!
Ok, lots… lol… I had originally thought of making this series a trilogy (because trilogies are awesome) but some other plans came up when I finished Unbound the book two in the series. So yes, lots!
7. Another book you’ve written is Fate’s Design. Can you tell us a little bit about that?
Yes, Megan has very strange and realistic dreams and some come true. Well she and her twin sister embark on a trip to Italy but it’s not fun, wine and relaxation like the one they had hoped. It is a paranormal romance so it gets juicy!
8. Which authors or books are you reading at the moment?
I am late of the Fever series boat but I just fell in love with that series by Karen Moning and I am patiently waiting for the next book in the Sookie Stackhouse Series (you know True Blood).
9. I love how you’ve created blogs for the characters in your books! (http://spellboundseries.blogspot.com/ and http://thefateseries.blogspot.com) But how do you find the time to write all these blogs (including your own) as well as books and maintain a Facebook page on top of everything else in your life? Where do you get your energy from?
Thanks you! They are very fun because you learn a little about the characters personally.
I have a special relationship with coffee and he keeps me wired! Lol Seriously, I wake up between 4 a.m., 6 a.m. (just depends on the morning), and I try to post and schedule all of my blog post for the week on Monday morning. Facebook, I never really log off it (code word addict). I try to interact and connect with my fans or the fans of my book rather, so it’s worth it!
10. When did you first realize you wanted to be an author, indie or otherwise?
I was young when I decided to write a book but it didn’t become real until I bought my eReader and I discover the Indie route of publishing.
11. What one snippet of advice would you give to aspiring self-published authors?
This will sound cheesy but it’s true… Just do it! Never let anyone talk you out of your dream. Get a great writing group/partner and let the words flow.
12. What’s the best thing and the worst thing about self-publishing, in your experience?
Having to do it all would be the hardest I wouldn’t say worst, and I mean everything from marketing, publishing, to PR, but on the flip-side I love having my creative control with my books and characters.
13. OK, enough of the serious stuff. What are your three favorite foods?
Thai food, I could eat it every day! I went through a period when gelato was my favorite but the extra pounds quickly helped me get over that.
14. And finally, please describe your dream pair of shoes!
A tall heel about four or five inches, strappy, and hot pink! Oh, and it wouldn’t hurt if they were Christian Louboutin!
Do buy this great book from a really lovely author.