I’m not a very organized person. I’d like to be, but it never quite seems to happen. I’m nearly there, but that’s as close as I get.
I’m the same as a writer, but, since the time I have for all things writing related is at a premium, I’ve had to do something to make sure I don’t waste any of it wondering what to do. Any time I start to dither when I sit down in front of my computer, I now pull out one of these little cards at random.
And I do what it tells me. I’m finding it to be a very good system for stopping me from having a ‘I’m not getting anywhere’ crisis, for which the whole family is very grateful!
My current ten prompt cards are:
- 30 mins research for a non-fiction project
- Write a book review
- Write 1,000 words fiction
- 30 mins work on author platform
- 10 minutes on Twitter
- 1 hour writing – anything
- Find a new blog to follow and comment on a post
- Get up to date on Facebook
- Outline a non-fiction project
- Edit one chapter
Obviously, adapt this list to suit your own portfolio of projects. If you’re on the disorganized side, you might find it helps. Do please let me know.